Monday, 27 August 2007

22 August - The big day


They decided that the baby was too big to come out naturally so here I am just waiting in the hospital for the ceaser to happen. We had to be at the hospital at 7 am. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink since the night before so I was starving.

All scrubbed up ready for the ceaser to happen


Lucas being born

Some of the following photos are a bit gory so proceed with caution.
















Everything went well. Lucas was 9pound 15 ounces born (4.5kg) and the scans only predicted that he was 4kg. They also found that he was prosterior so I would have ended up having an emergency ceaser even if I had tried for a natural birth, so in the end it was the right choice (although we were disappointed when we heard that we needed a ceaser).

No comments: